Acupuncture is a healing system which has been practised in China and other Eastern countries for thousands of years. It involves inserting very fine needles at well-defined points on the body surface. Strategic placements triggers specific responses, such as pain relief. The treatment is safe and usually painless. It is very popular with issues relating to tension and stress.
We use traditional Chinese style acupuncture on a western version of dry needling. Treatments in the Traditional Chinese Medicine style (TCM), according to TCM theory, it is aimed to correct an imbalance in the flow energy in the body and to restore optimum health. The western model uses the application of needles to stimulate the rehabilitation or help alleviate the symptoms of a specific structure such as an arthritic joint, muscle spasms, nerve pain, tendinitis, and other conditions.
- Persistent lower back pain
- Chronic tension-type headaches
- Chronic pain, such as neck pain
- Joint pain
- Dental pain
- Postoperative pain
- Postoperative nausea and vomiting
- Allergies, including hay fever
- Fatigue, including fatigue in cancer patients after chemotherapy
- Depression and anxiety
- Digestive disorders, including irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Infertility and menstrual disorders